Dialects are usually thought of as being different versions of one language.
→ People usually think of dialects as being different versions of one language.
Subject + be-verb + thought of as + description of subject
句中的 be thought of as 就是「被視為」的意思
1. People ofter think of cats as being independent and unpredictable.
- Cats are ofter thought of as being independent and unpredictable.
2. People usually think of fast food as being unhealthy.
- Fast food is usually thought of as being unhealthy.
3. The director doesn't want the museum to be thought of as old-fashioned.
4. Johnny was thought of as fun-loving by everyone who met him.
如 roof, route, wash 等
又如 park, car 在某些地方不發"r"的音
dialect (n) [‘daIF,lEkt] 方言
- Not a lot of people can speak this regional dialect.
- The Italian actor spoke with a Sicilian dialect in the movie.
- This folk song was sung in a Scottish dialect.
comprise (v) [kFm’praIz] 由某些人事物組合
- The class is comprised of students from Korea, Japan and Hong Kong.
- comprise 也指包括或包含
- The travel kit comprises face cleanser, lotion and moisturizer.
- The shed was eroded by the sea wind.
- 但 erode 在這裡指減損
- Her passion for work slowly eroded as she grew older.
- His lying gradually eroded my confidence in him.