so what: who cares or what does it matter
so what if 就是口語中的「如果...的話又怎樣！」
So what if it's on someone's plate.
→ Who cares if it's someone's plate.
1. So what of white shoes aren't popular right now. If you like them, wear them.
2. So what if I have a lot of work to do. I have a family emergency, so I need to leave now.
3. So what if I can't carry a tune. I love to sing！
4. So what if it's raining - let's go for a anyway.
"a piece of cake with chocolate frosting" vs chocolate "icing"
frosting / icing 兩個皆指蛋糕、餅乾上的糖衣、糖霜
其中東北、中西部北方、美西 frosting 較常用
而南部則是 icing 較常
icing on the cake
picky (adj) [‘pIki] 挑剔的；愛吹毛求疵的；過分講究的
- Nancy knows how to deal with picky clients.
- 若對某事很挑剔或要求，用 about
- Amanda is picky about what she eats. She only eats gourmet food.
crummy (adj) [‘krVmi] 品質很差的；劣等的
- The service at this restaurant is crummy. No wonder there aren't many customers.
- I can't believe that the hotel charged me $100 per night for such a crummy room.
disobey (v) [,dIsF’be] 不順服；反抗
- dis- 有否定之意
- obey 指順服
- The soldier was punished for disobeying his superior.
- 名詞為: disobedience
- His disobedience really caused a lot of problems at school.
【Phrasal Verbs / Idoms】
pick up something (phr v) 撿起
- The boy picked up the hat for the old man.
pick out (phr v) 挑出
- Let me pick out some good ones for you.
pick through (phr v) （在雜亂一堆裡）仔細搜尋
- Police are still picking through the rubble looking for clues to the cause of the explosion.
pick clean (saying) 啃得精光；只剩骨頭半點肉都不剩
- He found a chicken bone that had been picked clean.
pick over (phr v) 挑選；揀選
- She is picking over a basket of oranges.
pick at (idiom) 少量地吃；啄食
- The girl is only picking at her food.
pick up the pieces (idiom) 收拾殘局
- Their lives were shattered by tragedy and they are still trying to pick up the pieces.