Now that we are getting into the thick of summertime activities, sunburn is something that you have to think about.
句子開頭的 now that 並沒有「現在」的意思，它可以翻譯成「既然」，有連接詞的功能。
now that = because now / since
Sunburn is something that you have to think about now that we are getting into the thick of summertime activities.
1. Now that the car is here, let's go ahead and put our things in the trunk.
2. I don't think I'll go watch the movie, now that I know the end of the story.
3. Now that we've finished with dinner, we have to clean up the kitchen.
4. Now that Mary has graduated from college, she plans to look for a job.
dilates capillary 擴張的毛細血管
the major arteries of New York City
- arteries 另一意義是交通幹線
- major arteries: 主要幹道
get into the thick of something (常用的說法) 正激烈的時候；正起勁的時候
- thick (adj) 厚的
- 此用法中 thick 當 名詞，指最激烈的時候
- As we were getting into the thick of the tennis match my son came and interrupted the game.
penetrate (v) [‘pEnI,tret] 穿透
- The bullet almost penetrated his bulletproof jacket.
- Some hackers were trying to penetrate the computer system of the IRS.
- penetrate 也指瀰漫或滲透
- The aroma of the lilies penetrated the whole house.
sting (v) [stIG] 刺痛；使疼痛
- 過去式 & 過去分詞: stung
- My eyes stung as I was chopping onions.
- sting 亦指心裡上的刺傷
- Those harsh words from the teacher really stung the boy.
sunburn (n) [‘sVn’bRn] 曬傷；曬黑
- The easiest way to avoid sunburn is to wear a hat and a long-sleeved shirt.
set off (phr v) 引發
- Tracy burned the meat and accidentally set off the fire alarm.
ultraviolet light (n) 紫外光
- ultraviolet (adj) [,VltrF’vAIFlIt] 紫外的
- ultraviolet rays
dilate (v) [dAI’let] 擴張；擴大
- The cat dilated its eyes.
intense (adj) [In’tENs] 強烈的；劇烈的；極度的
- The fracture caused him intense pain.
sensor (n) [’sEnsQ] 傳感器;感應器
capillary (n) [‘kXpL,ErI] 毛細血管