He stepped on his toes.
keep someone on their toes
call name (idiom)
- name 在此不是指名字，而是罵人用的難聽話
- call someone names : 謾罵某人
- Bullies at school call him names and beat him up a lot.
whine (v) [hwAIn] 嘀咕；發牢騷
- 現在分詞: whining
- Sandra's mother told her to stop whining.
- 用某件事發牢騷用: about
- Adam whined about how terrible his boss was.
gripe (v) [gArIp] 發牢騷；抱怨
- Patrick is griping about his little brother again.
- gripe 亦可當名詞，表示 不滿或牢騷
- My main gripe is that the heater doesn't work in the hotel room.
【Phrasal Verbs / Idoms】
pick up someone (phr v) 接(人)；載(人)
- I'll pick you up at 7o'clock.
pick on (phr v) 找碴；找麻煩
- Why pick on me every time？
pick apart (phr v) 撕碎；拆散；大肆攻擊
- He picks apart everything.
pick up one's feet (phr v) 抬起腳來；腳步加快
- The long line of ants picked up their feet.
pick a fight (idiom) 主動挑起爭端；找人打架
- He tried to pick a fight with me about it but I refused to discuss the matter.
pick up the scent (idiom) 聞到氣味；追蹤氣味
pick up speed (phr v) 加速
- We reached the outskirts of town and began to pick up speed.
pick and choose (idiom) 挑挑撿撿；精挑細選
- We had to find a flat in a hurry -- there was no time to pick and choose.
我們只好匆忙找套房子 － 沒有時間挑選了。